Kamal Haasan and Gautami separate after 13-year relationship; Gautami heartbroken
“It is heartbreaking for me to have to say today that I and Mr. Haasan are no longer together. After almost 13 years together, it has been one of the most devastating decisions that I have ever had to make in my life,” Gautami said right at the onset of her emotional blog post titled “Life and Decisions”.
The actress added: “I have always been a fan of Mr. Haasan’s since before I came to the film industry and I continue to admire and cheer on his monumental talent and achievements.
“Along with all of his accomplishments to date, I know that there is much more to come from him for his audience and I look forward to applauding those successes.”
The actress also emphasized that it is not her intention to “seek sympathy or assign blame”, suggesting that the couple may not have split in very bitter terms.
61-year-old Kamal Haasan first married Vani Ganapathy in 1978 and divorced ten years later. He then married actress Sarika in 1988. Together with Sarika, Haasan has two daughters – Shruti and Akshara. But the couple split in 2002 with their divorce finalizing in 2004 following rumours of his affair with co-star Simran Bagga.
Haasan has since been in a relationship with actress Gautami Tadimalla until Gautami confirmed that they are splitting on November 1, 2016 through her heartfelt blogpost. Gautami was previously married to Sandeep Bhatia but separated within a year of marriage in 1999.
The pretty actress was last seen in Malayalam film Vismayam and is currently filming for an unnamed project releasing in 2017. She was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 35 but she fought against it and is now a passionate ambassador campaigning for cancer awareness initiatives. Kamal Haasan has supported Gautami in her initiatives and has been part of many cancer awareness endeavours himself (see the photo above).
Gautami is also a renowned stylist working at film sets and there were reports of Gautami having had a bitter argument with Haasan’s daughter Shruti Haasan at the sets recently leading to speculations that Gautami and Shruti don’t get along well. But Shruti’s spokesperson released a statement saying the two actresses share a good equation.
More like this
- 2016: Full list of Indian States, capitals and their Chief Ministers
- As the venerated former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away, here's a list of all Presidents of India
- Indian cabinet 2016: Full list of Ministers and their portfolios in Narendra Modi government
- List of all the major rivers of India: Names, Origin and Length
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Full list of Indian gold, silver and bronze medal winners
- Bollywood Dream Team 2016: Katrina, Alia, Sidharth, Varun, Parineeti, Aditya Roy Kapur US tour in August
- South Indian actress Trisha Krishnan’s father passes away
- Dosa recipe: How to make crispy Paper Dosa and Masala Dosa
- Daboo Ratnani 2017 Calendar: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Alia Bhatt, SRK, Ranveer, Priyanka, Shraddha turn up the heat
- Recipe: Misal Pav – how to make missal masala, usal and tarri
India News Bulletin by email
More Lead Stories
- PIO deadline! Indians abroad must convert PIO to OCI by 30th June 2017 for free but pay VFS charges
- BBC 100 Women 2016 List: Sunny Leone and 4 Indian women in inspirational and influential list
- Befikre in London! Vaani Kapoor and Ranveer Singh brave London weather to promote Befikre
- 'Modi Takes Bribe' hashtag (#ModiTakesBribe) trending on Twitter amid demonetization chaos
- Panic as Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes become invalid, and Banks, ATMs closed on Nov 9th