Surrey’s Indian restaurant Amani launches branch in posh Chelsea Harbour
With an emphasis on modern, Anglo-Indian dishes, Amani’s a la carte menu features its signature dishes including starter platters featuring Bombay Street Food Chaat, samosa, Pani Puri and Aloo tikki while the meat and seafood options include Tandoori Jumbo Prawns, King Scallops, Salad of Crispy Masala Squid Rings and Mango and Passion Fruit Salsa; or the Smoked Fennel Lamb Chops, Boursin Gilafi Seekh Kebab, Rose Petal Lamb and Galouti.
The mains include: Baked Halibut Fillet, Garlic Pak Choi, Moilee Sauce, Served with Steamed Rice; Smoked Saddle of Lamb, Served with Saffron Masala Mashed Potatoes, Masala Keema Spinach and Chicken served with Mughlai Leg Curry and Tomato and Coriander Quinoa.
Amani also serves desserts that are distinctive from the “typically Indian”. So the choice features Thandai Ice Cream or Lime and Mint sorbet or Chilli and Mandarin sorbet.
More like this
To cater to the well-heeled diners of Chelsea Harbour, Amani’s drinks repertoire include classic cocktails, and “Old World wine” among others.
Amani was founded by restaurateur Azad Miah and chef Rajeev Kumar. Kumar is an experienced chef having had stints at Oberoi Hotel group in India and the famed Cinnamon Club in London.
The new branch is by the marina at Unit G6, Harbour Yard, Chelsea Harbour, London.Follow Archana Venkatraman on Google+
- 2016: Full list of Indian States, capitals and their Chief Ministers
- As the venerated former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away, here's a list of all Presidents of India
- Indian cabinet 2016: Full list of Ministers and their portfolios in Narendra Modi government
- List of all the major rivers of India: Names, Origin and Length
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Full list of Indian gold, silver and bronze medal winners
- Bollywood Dream Team 2016: Katrina, Alia, Sidharth, Varun, Parineeti, Aditya Roy Kapur US tour in August
- South Indian actress Trisha Krishnan’s father passes away
- Dosa recipe: How to make crispy Paper Dosa and Masala Dosa
- Daboo Ratnani 2017 Calendar: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Alia Bhatt, SRK, Ranveer, Priyanka, Shraddha turn up the heat
- Recipe: Misal Pav – how to make missal masala, usal and tarri
India News Bulletin by email
More Lead Stories
- PIO deadline! Indians abroad must convert PIO to OCI by 30th June 2017 for free but pay VFS charges
- BBC 100 Women 2016 List: Sunny Leone and 4 Indian women in inspirational and influential list
- Befikre in London! Vaani Kapoor and Ranveer Singh brave London weather to promote Befikre
- 'Modi Takes Bribe' hashtag (#ModiTakesBribe) trending on Twitter amid demonetization chaos
- Panic as Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes become invalid, and Banks, ATMs closed on Nov 9th