Ratan Tata takes over as Tata chairman after Cyrus Mistry is removed from post
The reasons for suddenly replacing Cyrus Mistryas Tata chief is not known yet. Cyrus Pallonji Mistry became the sixth chairman of the Tata conglomerate in December 2012 and is the second chairman who is not from the Tata family. The first chairman outside of the Tata family was Sir Nowroji Saklatwala in 1932.
According to Tata Sons’ website, the Tata Board has constituted a Selection Committee to choose a new Chairman. The Committee comprises Mr. Ratan N. Tata, Mr. Venu Srinivasan, Mr. Amit Chandra, Mr. Ronen Sen and Lord Kumar Bhattacharyya, as per the criteria in the Articles of Association of Tata Sons.
The committee will select and appoint a new chairman in four months.
One of the oldest Indian conglomerate, Tata Sons bought over Jaguar Land Rover, as well as Tetley Tea in the UK. Tata Sons operates more than 100 companies, including Tata Steel, Tata Motors, Tata Power and popular technology services company – TCS (Tata Consultancy Services).
More like this
- 2016: Full list of Indian States, capitals and their Chief Ministers
- As the venerated former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away, here's a list of all Presidents of India
- List of all the major rivers of India: Names, Origin and Length
- Indian cabinet 2016: Full list of Ministers and their portfolios in Narendra Modi government
- Bollywood Dream Team 2016: Katrina, Alia, Sidharth, Varun, Parineeti, Aditya Roy Kapur US tour in August
- Dosa recipe: How to make crispy Paper Dosa and Masala Dosa
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Full list of Indian gold, silver and bronze medal winners
- South Indian actress Trisha Krishnan’s father passes away
- Review: Southall Travel (Also Travel Trolley and Fly Sharp)
- Video: Watch Sunny Leone sizzle in Laila Main Laila song from SRK’s Raees
India News Bulletin by email
More Lead Stories
- Watch Sidharth Malhotra propose to Priyanka Chopra: Nirav Modi Jewels ad is melting hearts
- Suhana Khan’s leaked acting videos! SRK’s daughter plays Cinderella in two leaked videos going viral
- Kew Gardens Orchids Festival: Celebrating India’s vibrant orchids
- Boris Johnson India Visit: UK Foreign Secretary discusses trade ties and border security with Modi
- PIO deadline! Indians abroad must convert PIO to OCI by 30th June 2017 for free but pay VFS charges