India Bridal Fashion Week (IBFW) will debut in London in 2014
According to Vijay Singh, the organiser of IBFW, Indian fashion has a big market in the UK, especially in London. A walk through the high street in Southall and Wembley peppered with bridal wear shops will only reiterate Singh’s point.
The Indian bridal collection will be showcased for a week in London next year to capture the NRI market. The 2014 London IBFW will add to the existing annual shows in Mumbai and Delhi.
The bridal fashion show, organised by Fashion One International, will be held in Delhi between July 24 and 28, 2013 at the Grand Hotel, Vasant Kunj, south Delhi while IBFW Mumbai is scheduled in Mumbai for five days starting October 16, 2013 at Hotel Sahara Star.
Bollywood actress Jacqueline Fernandez showcased a chic bridal wear designed by Jyotsna Tiwari at the Aamby Valley India Bridal Fashion Week preview show.
More like this
Sri Lankan beauty Fernandez is the brand ambassador for the fourth IBFW in Delhi later this month.
The high-profile bridal couture exhibition brings together leading Indian designers including Tarun Tahiliani [pictured with actress Chitrangadha Sinha], Suneet Varma, and Rina Dhaka, Rohit Bal, Jyotsna Tiwari, Shantanu Nikhil, and Adarsh Gill among others, It also aims to bring the best of the trends and designs in bridal couture and promote fashion as a lucrative business in India.
- 2015: Full list of Indian States, capitals and their Chief Ministers
- Indian cabinet 2015: Full list of Ministers and their portfolios in the Modi government
- Recipe: Misal Pav – how to make missal masala, usal and tarri
- Pics: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan stuns in Sabyasaachi at Cannes 2015
- South Indian actress Trisha Krishnan’s father passes away
- Pics: Trisha Krishnan rocks Tarun Tahiliani saree for Lion film’s audio launch in Hyderabad
- Review: Southall Travel (Also Travel Trolley and Fly Sharp)
- Katrina Kaif in Cannes 2015: Actress impresses fashion police in her debut appearance
- Review: VFS Global Joint Visa Application Centre in Paddington
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Full list of Indian gold, silver and bronze medal winners
India News Bulletin by email
More Lead Stories
- BFI-backed film campaigns to save Indian mud wrestling 'Kusthi' from dying
- Indian-origin Ranjit Boparan aka Chicken King tops UK Asian Rich List for Midlands
- Tribute pour for Aruna Shanbaug: Indian nurse in coma for 42 years after rape dies
- Indian-origin Harbhajan Kaur Dheer becomes first Asian woman Mayor of Ealing
- UK Election 2015: Labour's UK Asian candidates hold strong in Ealing