Sachin Tendulkar becomes brand ambassador for Oxigen – the digital wallet
The master blaster said: I am excited to be associated with Oxigen Services which is at the threshold of exponential growth. Oxigen's effort to align with the needs of the common Indian and focus on offering convenience, flexibility and ease in payment solutions is admirable.
"With the Oxigen wallet providing so many features, I am sure it will be the preferred mode for payment emphatically replacing the present day need to carry physical forms of cash and plastic money," the ace batsman added.
Getting Tendulkar on board signals Oxigen Services' efforts to market its e-payment methods, particularly to the tech-savvy youth in India. It is also riding on Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Digital India vision.
Forging this relationship, Sachin Tendulkar said "I am excited to be associated with Oxigen Services which is at the threshold of exponential growth. Oxigen's effort to align with the needs of the common Indian and focus on offering convenience, flexibility and ease in payment solutions is admirable. With the Oxigen wallet providing so many features, I am sure it will be the preferred mode for payment emphatically replacing the present day need to carry physical forms of cash and plastic money."
“Oxigen wallet has seen many firsts, the first to develop a wallet in the country way back in 2008, the first non-bank to connect with NPCI for instant money transfers, the first to launch a social media connect, the first to host a digital concert for its customers and the first to brand & play the host nation to an International Cricket Team from South Africa. We are proud to add one more first to our mobile wallet & that is a first by the way of endorsement, by not just a celebrity, but by the best India has seen, Sachin Tendulkar. We look forward to demonstrating the best and incomparable in true Sachin tradition for a long time to come”, added Ankur Saxena, CEO, Oxigen Wallet.
“The adoration/adulation for Sachin Tendulkar, as a person, cuts across demographics, states and cultures. He is a much loved & trusted sport personality, with an unblemished track record. By associating with Sachin we are sure we reinforce the trust and reliability factor with our customers, taking it to the zenith with his endorsement to the Oxigen Brand”, said Meher Sarid, president – Corporate Affairs – Brand & Marketing, Oxigen Services.
Oxigen recently became official sponsors of the Proteas - South African T20 Cricket Team who will be visiting India for The Mahatma Gandhi – Nelson Mandela Series this week. In addition, Sachin Tendulkar’s presence would add a lot of warmth to this campaign inspired by the Indian code of conduct ‘Atithi Devo Bhava’.
More like this
- 2016: Full list of Indian States, capitals and their Chief Ministers
- As the venerated former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away, here's a list of all Presidents of India
- Indian cabinet 2016: Full list of Ministers and their portfolios in Narendra Modi government
- List of all the major rivers of India: Names, Origin and Length
- Dosa recipe: How to make crispy Paper Dosa and Masala Dosa
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Full list of Indian gold, silver and bronze medal winners
- Bollywood Dream Team 2016: Katrina, Alia, Sidharth, Varun, Parineeti, Aditya Roy Kapur US tour in August
- South Indian actress Trisha Krishnan’s father passes away
- Video: Watch Sunny Leone sizzle in Laila Main Laila song from SRK’s Raees
- Recipe: Misal Pav – how to make missal masala, usal and tarri
India News Bulletin by email
More Lead Stories
- Boris Johnson India Visit: UK Foreign Secretary discusses trade ties and border security with Modi
- PIO deadline! Indians abroad must convert PIO to OCI by 30th June 2017 for free but pay VFS charges
- BBC 100 Women 2016 List: Sunny Leone and 4 Indian women in inspirational and influential list
- Befikre in London! Vaani Kapoor and Ranveer Singh brave London weather to promote Befikre
- 'Modi Takes Bribe' hashtag (#ModiTakesBribe) trending on Twitter amid demonetization chaos